Law irrigation San Diego
Law irrigation San Diego. Is a top priority in making your California house, a home! We offer not only sprinkler repair services but offer sprinkler system upgrades which save time and money. We take the guesswork out of repairing and installing lawn irrigation and plant irrigation systems. We are most know for our sprinkler repair but remember we also offer services in lawn irrigation, landscape lighting, drip irrigation.
ONSITE CONSULTATION: NO OBLIGATION;
WATER-WISE LAWN WATERING
- How Much Water Does Your Lawn Need? For lawns, water deeply but infrequently to encourage deep roots. The key to watering your grass is to apply enough water to soak down to the depth of the roots. The amount varies with soil type, but a good guide is to apply no more than one inch of water every time, which is enough to soak the soil to between six and 10 inches.
- Measure Your Sprinkler Output Without knowing it, you could easily drop up to 300 gallons of water in one hour and end up over-watering your lawn. Here’s how to test your sprinkler output so you can adjust your watering time:
- Place six to eight shallow, flat-bottomed cans at scattered locations around your lawn. Tuna or cat food cans work well.
- Run your sprinklers for 15 minutes.
- Use a ruler to measure the depth of water in each can. Add all the numbers, and then divide by the number of cans to find the average output.
- This average number is your sprinkler number. It is the average amount of water your sprinklers apply in 15 minutes.
- How long and how often should you water? After you’ve calculated your sprinkler number in the previous step, you can calculate how long to run your sprinklers. Simply locate your sprinkler number in the chart below, and then find the corresponding watering time.
Sprinkler Run Time to Apply 1 Inch